Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lazy Sundays

Thank god I found Crochet!  I've been dealing with some stressful issues with my parents and it's been a crazed week.  I haven't spent as much time crocheting this week as I'd like to but I do manage a bit each day to try and relax.  So, on to things I have done and new things I got this week.
Some new colours and made one of the Japanese flowers for my shawl that I will eventually finish one day.
Even that cat likes the new yarn.
I did another square from the Go Crochet! Book.

Japanese flower, free-styled motif and a granny square.
Some new acquirements from a thrift shop this week.  All for $2. So the TLC yarn I want to use in a granny strip blanket, it's like a minty bluey colour. 

I started the strip in this light pink and want to use the darker pink with the TLC stuff.  I am just not sure if I should throw this purple in or not.  Too bold?  Stick to the softer colours?  What do you think? 


This is another pic of the yarns using Instagram App on my phone.  They finally have it for Android.  And I am sure you all heard that Facebook bought "acquired" Instagram recently. 
I really love the app. It doesn't have enough effects, yet.  But it has it's own community in a sense.  You can search for things you are interested in, crochet, and see other's photo's.  You can follow users as well upon approval.

Oh and a bit more on my ripple.  Slowly but surely.


Happy Sunday!!

17 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Pretty colors for your japanese flowers. I'm not sure about the purple color for your stripe blanket - maybe a darker shade of the TLC minty-blue might work better. :)

laydilyke said...

That's what I was thinking, leaving the purple out, unless I find another softer colour in my stash.

becktovintage said...

Dear my friend, I agree with you. Crochet is relaxing.. And Thank God I found crochet too. Your kitty cat is so happy with yarn as mine.. I still don't know ripple crochet and When I saw yours, I am a bit jealous..)) Your yarn colors are so soft. But maybe If you don't use dark purple color, your blanket seems much more beautiful.. Happy Days..

The Bunny Stahl said...

The color combos are great and so are your kitties!

Unknown said...

Oh I like your floweres. The japanese flower motif is on my to do list but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Hanni said...

What a perfect activity for Sundays!
I love these shades of mint, so relaxing for my eyes.

Crochet Addict UK said...

Love the colours! crochet is brilliant for just giving your body and mind that time to zone out and rest and relax

Anonymous said...

Those are all looking so lovely. The colours are fab, and I love your little motifs. So cute :)

I know exactly what you mean about crochet helping you to de-stress. There's something very soothing and satisfying about working your way through a ball of yarn, I think!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You know I was wondering if those were "instagram" effects. Thanks for confirming. I wouldn't add the bright purple to the softer colours, but I do tend to err on the side of overly cautious and conservative.

The Japanese flowers motif is very lovely!

Fiona Skye said...

Sweet, sweet kitties! I love your colour choices. The two rosy pinks and the minty blue look wonderful together.

laydilyke said...

Thanks for all the input ladies. Yes, madeinoxford, there is something de-stressing about working through a ball of yarn.

Marsha Cooper said...

I like those Japanese flowers.
You know...if I looked, and dressed like the gal in your blog image, my hubby probably wouldn't mind all my crocheting. LOL

Kim Sonksen said...

Gorgeous projects you have on the go there. I think the purple would work with the other colours. I would use it to "frame" each other colour, i.e. one strip purple - three strips other colour - one strip purple.

Mistea said...

great colours and pretty projects. Gorgeous flowers and more Ripple pics to inspire a beginning over here - I have yarn.

Brigi said...

I adore the colors for the Japanese flower!!!!

laydilyke said...

Too funny Marsha. Thanks ladies

Lillie and Moss said...

Hi I am Shari, your new follower. Your work is very nice and love the colors you choose. Oh and your cat is beautiful!
:) Shari